When should a child stay home from school?
To help keep your child and fellow student’s safe, your child should not come to school if:
- They are feeling unwell or are experiencing any coronavirus symptoms (If in doubt, book a test. If positive, isolate for 10 days from the start of symptoms)
- They have tested positive for coronavirus and are within the 10 day isolation period
- They are sharing a household or support bubble with someone with symptoms (person with symptoms to be tested, if negative can return to usual activities; if positive, you must isolate for 14 days from the last contact)
- They have been advised by the NHS test and trace service to self-isolate or aware they are a close contact of someone who has tested positive for coronavirus (isolate for 14 days from the last contact)
- They have returned from abroad and government guidance states they need to quarantine for 14 days
If you are not sure if your child should or should not go to school please call your school reception.
Who should self-isolate?
|1. I have tested positive for Covid-19||Yes (for 10 days, +48hr after temperature resolves)|
|2. I have developed a symptom and not tested yet.||Yes (until you test negative - if the test is positive, see above)|
|3. I have been told I am a close contact of a case||Yes (for 14 days, unless you develop symptoms and test positive, then see above)|
|4. A household member has developed symptoms and has not tested yet.||Yes (until they test negative - if the test is positive, isolate for 14 days)|
|5. A household member has been told to isolate as a close contact.||No. Be vigilant, if they start to feel unwell you will need to isolate until they test and it's negative)|
|6. I visited someone, within 2m, who has now been told to isolate as a close contact.||No. The person was not symptomatic. If within 48 hours of the visit they develop symptoms and test positive, follow number 3.|
|7. I am a close contact of someone who tested positive, I've got tested however and I was negative.||Yes (for 14 days, unless you develop symptoms and test positive, then see above)|
|8. My sibling in another class and needs to self isolate due to a Covid-19 positive case in their class. I am in a different class||No. They are not themselves a close contact of a positive case, if their sibling develops symptoms they will need to isolate)|
|9. My nan is unwell and I saw her two days ago.||Maybe. Need to check if the nan had Covid-19 symptoms or a positive test result and whether they were a close contact. If none of those applies, then no. If they test positive then follow number 3.)|