Staying home from the setting or school
To help keep the whole community safe, children and young people should not attend the setting or school if:
- They are feeling unwell or are experiencing any coronavirus symptoms (If in doubt, book a test. If positive, isolate for 10 days from the start of symptoms)
- They have tested positive for coronavirus and are within the 10 day isolation period
- They are sharing a household or support bubble with someone with symptoms (person with symptoms to be tested, if negative can return to usual activities; if positive, you must isolate for 10 days from the last contact)
- They have been advised by the NHS test and trace service to self-isolate or are aware they are a close contact of someone who has tested positive for coronavirus (isolate for 10 days from the last contact)
- They have returned from abroad and government guidance states they need to quarantine for 10 days
Parents should be encouraged to call the setting or school reception when they are unsure if their child should attend.
Who should self-isolate?
|1. I have tested positive for Covid-19||
Yes, if a PCR test or Asymptomatic Test Centre (ATC) LFD test(for 10 days, + 48hrs after temperature resolves).
Yes and seek a confirmatory PCR test, if an LFD home-test (isolate for 10 days, + 48hrs after temperature resolves unless the confirmatory PCR test is necessary).
|2. I have developed a symptom and not tested yet.||Yes (until you test negative - if the test is positive, see above)|
|3. I have been told I am a close contact of a case||Yes (for 10 days, unless you develop symptoms and test positive, then see above)|
|4. A household member has developed symptoms and has not tested yet.||Yes (until they test negative - if the test is positive see above)|
|5. A household member has been told to isolate as a close contact.||No. Be vigilant, if they start to feel unwell you will need to isolate until they test and it's negative)|
|6. I visited someone, within 2m, who has now been told to isolate as a close contact.||No. The person was not symptomatic. If within 48 hours of the visit they develop symptoms and test positive, follow number 3.|
|7. I am a close contact of someone who tested positive, I've got tested however and I was negative.||Yes (for 10 days, unless you develop symptoms and test positive, then see above)|
|8. My sibling in another class needs to self-isolate due to a Covid-19 positive case in their class. I am in a different class.||No. They are not themselves a close contact of a positive case, if their sibling develops symptoms they will need to isolate.|
|9. My nan is unwell and I saw her two days ago.||Maybe. Need to check if the nan had Covid-19 symptoms or a positive test result and whether they were a close contact. (If none of those applies, then no. If they test positive then follow number 3.)|