We provide specialist assessment reports to assist IEP planning and will always be pleased to discuss our reports with staff, parents and, as appropriate, with the pupil. We usually base our assessment on a range of activities including:
- listening carefully to the views of the pupil.
- gathering further information, advice, and preferences from parents.
- talking directly to school staff who know the pupil.
- gathering information and advice from the Educational Psychology Service and from any Health or Social Service professionals who may be involved.
- making classroom and school-based observations in a variety of appropriate settings.
- undertaking a detailed assessment using standardised tests and specialist profiles, and learning from our teaching activities with the pupil.