A school travel plan is a document which sets out a package of measures to reduce the number of car trips made to and from school, to promote healthier and more environmentally friendly forms of transport and to improve safety on the school journey.
We give advice and support to all Warwickshire Schools writing or considering writing a school travel plan.
A travel plan will:
- be a whole school initiative which involves children, staff, parents, governors and the wider community
- aim to enable parents and children to choose walking, cycling and public transport with confidence to help reduce congestion at the school gate
- address health, safety, environment, education and other social issues
- have clear aims and objectives and targets which can be measured.
If you require information on the following please contact the service.
- Getting started
- School Travel Plan template
- Pupil survey
- Parents survey