Schools have welcomed back all pupils and are returning to a level of normality. The Government has provided guidance on school governance during the pandemic period to enable governing boards to continue to support and provide strategic oversight.
Governor monitoring is critical to supporting and challenging strategic school improvement, and boards have adapted to utilise a range of remote/online methods to support the continuation of their core duties:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
Chairs will continue to be a crucial critical friend to headteachers during this challenging time, with many being a much needed ‘sounding board’ to help headteachers, while also monitoring their wellbeing.
Governor Services provide
- a range of resources including model policies which can be viewed or downloaded from their resource library on WES and GovernorHub
- a monthly Governance Matters Newsletter (to subscribing schools) which contains the latest articles and information to support governing boards
- ongoing support, advice and guidance to governors, clerks and headteachers, please email email@example.com or view the school governors pages.