Fundraising and finding funds
Fundraising can be a great way to involve families and the local community in your setting. It is usually easier to raise money for one-offs such as start-up costs or equipment e.g. ICT resources or upgrading the outdoor area. Many local supermarkets / large businesses will offer funding to local community activities. Have a look in your local area to see what is available. Many funding streams will only be available for registered charities or community run groups. Settings will need to check the eligibility criteria for any grants prior to submitting an application.
Things to consider when applying for grants or funding:
- Know your organisation – be clear on the legal structure of your organisation and understand its structure
- Have copies of your governing document to hand and ensure they are up to date
- Keep applications to the point, be specific about what the application is for, include any match funding or other contributions
- Registered charities – information relating to your charity is available for all to view on the Charity Commission website – know your group’s history, submit returns on time and keep trustee information up to date
- Send ALL the documents requested with the application
- Ensure your application is neat, well presented, spell checked with clear and understandable text
- Keep looking and applying.