Full or Partial closure of a school/setting due to Coronavirus
Where a joint decision has been made (school/setting and DfE or Health Protection Team) for the school/setting to close due to coronavirus; the school/setting should:
- Send letters to all parents/carers of all children who are close contacts and need to self-isolate, and to all parents/carers of all children who are not close contacts but cannot attend school/setting due to closure.
- Make arrangements for those children entitled to benefits related free school meals to receive food (or voucher/money) when the school/setting is closed and the child is not ill.
- Ensure remote learning provision for pupils who are not able to attend the setting for reasons related to coronavirus.
- Continue to report positive cases to Education Corona by submitting a reporting Form: Reporting Positive Covid Cases to WCC
- Follow the notification process below for full or partial closure of a primary, secondary or special school (all instances, including coronavirus).
- Continue to submit a daily status return to the Department of Education, in keeping with their Educational settings status form guidance.
Closure of an Early Years setting (all instances, including coronavirus)
Should closure of PVI Early Years and Childcare setting be required; the setting should:
- Contact parents and carers: to advise of the need to close the setting at short notice (this may include the use of bespoke parent mailing systems, text, social media etc as well as the use of the settings website).
PVI Early Years and Childcare Providers are to ensure that closure information is also shared with: Ofsted as the regulator, via email: email@example.com
AND WCC Early Years Team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full or partial closure of a primary, secondary or special school (all instances, including coronavirus)
Should closure of a primary, secondary or special school be required; the school should:
- Contact parents and carers: to advise of the need to close the school at short notice, such as due to severe weather or flooding, broken boiler. (This may include the use of bespoke parent mailing systems, text, social media etc as well as the use of the school website).
- Schools are to ensure that closure information is also shared with on each day of closure: WCC Senior Leadership Team via email: email@example.com
AND WCC Webmaster via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notify setting or school providers and visitors of any changes, such as the Transport Operations Team (email@example.com), your catering provider, traded services.
- Continue to fulfil the setting or school’s responsibilities for safeguarding.
- We will publish any school closures on the Emergency school closures page.