Full or Partial closure of a school/setting
Closure of an Early Years setting (all instances)
Should closure of PVI Early Years and Childcare setting be required; the setting should:
- Contact parents and carers: to advise of the need to close the setting at short notice (this may include the use of bespoke parent mailing systems, text, social media etc as well as the use of the settings website).
PVI Early Years and Childcare Providers are to ensure that closure information is also shared with: Ofsted as the regulator, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
AND WCC Early Years Team via email: email@example.com
Full or partial closure of a primary, secondary or special school
Should closure of a primary, secondary or special school be required; the school should:
- Contact parents and carers: to advise of the need to close the school at short notice, such as due to severe weather or flooding, broken boiler. (This may include the use of bespoke parent mailing systems, text, social media etc as well as the use of the school website).
- Settings must also notify WCC via the ‘Notification of full or partial school closure form’, the link to which has been sent to schools via email.
- Notify setting/school providers and visitors of any changes, such as the Transport Operations Team (firstname.lastname@example.org), catering provider, traded services, and any contractors.
- Continue to fulfil the setting or school’s responsibilities for safeguarding.
We will publish any school closures on the emergency school closures web page.