Teaching Schools are outstanding schools that take a leading role in the training and professional development of teachers, support staff and headteachers. They also contribute to the raising of standards through school-to-school support. Schools will work together within a teaching school alliance, a group of schools and other partners that are supported by the leadership of a teaching school. Alliances can work across local authorities and may include different types of organisations. Teaching schools and alliances in Warwickshire:
- The Griffin Teaching School Alliance with Lawrence Sheriff School in Rugby at its heart, the Griffin Alliance represents a group of schools drawn from a wide range of different contexts. They are committed to building a networked learning community which supports the development of the education system across Warwickshire and beyond.
- Innovation Learning and Leadership Alliance is a partnership of schools in Rugby, Warwickshire and Leicestershire, led by Ashlawn School. The Teaching School creates personalised training programmes and also offers the School Experience Programme and School Direct training.
- Shires Teaching School Alliance is a collective of Warwickshire schools working together, with a shared purpose. Collaborating to ensure that young learners are given the best opportunities. We offer teacher training, teacher development and school to school support.
- The Communities Academies Trust Teaching School (CATTS) is an Alliance grown from two National Teaching Schools; Birchwood Primary School and The Polesworth School. These schools also founded the Community Academies Trust (CAT); a successful, school-based, multi-academy trust, the name of which originates from our shared, determined commitment to ensure communities are well served by their local school.
- The Warwickshire Consortium Teaching School Alliance is an alliance led by Bedworth Heath Nursery School and Kenilworth Nursery School and provides 15 Initial Teacher Training places through an early years PGCE with Warwick University. Their offer also includes high-quality training through their traded service Warwickshire early years: bring quality to life and they work directly with schools and PVI sector settings to improve the quality of practice and outcomes for children.
- Hillmorton Teaching School Alliance was formed in 2017 with a vision of supporting schools predominantly within Warwickshire. The Alliance is committed to providing activities which directly impact on standards and to improving outcomes for students through high-quality teaching and learning. They offer a range of CPD including Maths Moderation Training, Power of Reading Project and Closing the Gap Programme. They also offer a range of staff to provide school-to-school support and can help to facilitate teaching placements in partnership with the Centre for Teacher Education (CTE) at the University of Warwick.
- Southam Teaching Alliance is an alliance of secondary, primary and special schools and universities, led by Southam College. They use expertise and collaboration (both within and outside the alliance) to offer CPD, networks and school to school connections, through a practical, teacher-centred approach. They have a dedicated Primary CPD Co-ordinator who facilitates primary-specific CPD as well as cross-phase work and opportunities.
- Kenilworth Teaching School prioritises the provision of high-quality school-led initial teacher training (ITT), high-quality school-to-school support to spread excellent practice, particularly to schools that need it most and the provision of evidence-based professional and leadership development for teachers and leaders across their network. Kenilworth School is an outstanding school (Ofsted 2013) and was awarded the Inclusion Quality Mark in November 2016; as a recognition to their commitment to inclusion they were also awarded the higher accolade of Centre of Excellence.
- St John's Primary School and Nursery